Thursday, May 10, 2012

How do you mend a broken...

Wrist...

Yes... well... mine is not that 'broken' but... I am trying my best to hope it won't go any more 'broken' than it is.

So the only thing that I have been doing was running.

And some non-wrist action interval training.

My right wrist was injured during a Chakrasana pose practice.

I lost my footing, and the weight of my body accidentally (naturally) fell on my right hand, twisted it in a microsecond and the wrist pretty much carried my whole weight before my whole body fell to the ground.

My wrist was sore after that but I didn't think too much about it (Mistake #1) because I have had yoga related accidents before this and usually it the soreness would be gone in 24 hours.

Unfortunately, the soreness turned to an annoying blunt pain for the next 72 hours, and then for the next two weeks, and then right until now.

I went to my chiro and was given a cold lotion thingy (pardon my uncivilized language when it comes to medicines and the likes) and was advised to ice my wrist for an interval of 15 mins for 8 hours (or so) for the next few weeks.

That's like a few weeks ago.

My wrist is still annoyingly sore. I am still annoyed that I can't so my salutations as usual.

Annoyed... Irritating..

1 comment: