Friday, June 18, 2010

Yoga-ta be real la

I practiced Yoga the first time around because I was told that it could help me with my body. 

See, I have always wanted to be fitter. I grew up being pampered in a way by my parents. We love to eat. And so, one thing leads to another. Although I was reasonably active as far as group sports are concerned, I hated any other sports that requires me to run faster than I should. 

My first yogi was a middle aged Indian man. He thought us how to breath, how to control our bodies. Bhujangsana and all kinds of other positions that I cannot remember now. For a short 5 months, I did Yoga and enjoyed it immensely, although I didn't know if I was any more fitter than I was. 

After that, I changed jobs and was involved in a bit of a mess and so I quit.

That was my mistake.

I was not really thinking of having a hobby or doing anything else when I moved to KL. I was kind of... depressing back then.

All changed when I decided to change my lifestyle and started gym.

The gym has all kinds of group exercise classes that we can join. One of the classes being Yoga. 

So I got re-acquainted with it in gym. However, after that, I concentrated on my PT (personal training) sessions and had no time to join the class. 

Now my Yogi is a man in his 50's or 60's, with an easy going disposition who enjoys kind of 'shocking' newcomers to the wonders of Yoga. 

Yoga is more difficult than it looks. And painful too, but not if you are used to it. 

Somehow, my body quickly recognizes the old movements that I used to do back then and I did it with zero difficulties. 

I am seeing stars again. Oih...

No comments:

Post a Comment