Saturday, June 19, 2010

Progress... running's a bitch!

I have been running on the treadmill for 2.5 KMs steadily for the past two weeks.

I started with a brisk walk of course.

I hated running. You see, tennis doesn't really require you to run that much. With softball, I am pretty much the pitcher/catcher. I hate being the batter.

Because... I am bad at running.

So it was a big decision when I enrolled for a 'run'. Mainly because, I am really just bad at running.

I don't have any breathing problems but I do have ankle and knee pain when I am running. I hate that.

A 5 mins run is torture to me. So when I actually ran for 8 full minutes at 7.0 KM speed, it is a big deal.

So far, I have clocked at these times for a standard 2.5 KM run.

20:14
20:16
21:05

This means, I should be able to complete a 5KM run, at an average of 6.5 KM speed, at 43 minutes max, that's less than an hour.

This is a really big deal to me.  Once upon a time ago, I took 2 hours to complete a 3 KM run.

But then, it was also because, I did not really run the run... I walked. I didn't even brisk walk, I just walk... the leisure no rush walk. The window shopping kind of walk.

And there were people who finished after me. :D

So now, after working out for a year and lost a chunk of weight, I am now attempting something that I have never liked.

Running. And it's a bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment