Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Do Your Kegel!

I have been absent for a long, long time. My co-author feels it is such a waste that we have the blog here and I’m not updating it. True, I must say. But in my defense, more of an excuse actually, my current condition makes me “lazy” to update this blog. Just because I no longer visit the gym.

You see, I am now into my 32nd week of pregnancy. And I have not been to the gym eversince my trainer kicked me out when I went to see him, with gym bag on my shoulder, and told him I have a bun in the oven. :-p

Anyway, for this post, I’d like to share with you one exercise that any women can do, even when she’s pregnant. Yup, you know it! The Kegel Exercise.

h9991625_001

Kegel is something that you can do anytime, anywhere. No one will know it but you. What you do is actually do a muscle contraction as if you’re stopping your urine flow. If you have not done this exercise before, it’s best to practice while you’re doing your business… Seriously. MayoClinic explains in detail including how to recognise which muscle to activate. But easier method is to practice while you’re in the loo.

Anyway these are amongst the benefit of doing Kegel:

  • Strengthen your pelvic floor muscle which supports the uterus, bladder and bowel
  • Said to enhance experience in the sack (he he he)

So, you can see why this exercise is beneficial for pregnant women too! This matter was stressed by the nurse in the antenatal class that I attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment