Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 1

Mr. Trainer started me off with walking on the treadmill. While I was walking at the speed of 6.5 km/h, we talked. He actually asked me if I'm straight! Didn't I already mention to him that I'm getting married in December? :-p

After 2 minutes, he increased the speed to 7.5 km/h and I started to jog. I jogged for almost 15 minutes before he stopped me and asked me to follow him. In my mind, now, the real torture starts!

We went to the stretching area and I was instructed to squat with my back against the wall. Legs hip width apart bent at 90 degrees angle. I have to hold this post for 20 counts, 3 sets. In between the squat set, I have to do lunges, 15 reps, 3 sets. At set number 2, my legs started to give away. At set number 3, my head feels woozy.

Next, I was on the cross trainer. I was feeling a little light headed and Mr. Trainer looked worried. So he handed me some sweets and while munching it, I continued the movement. He asked me to rest a while after 5 minutes. After a minute, I continue on the cross trainer for another 5 minutes. This time, I manage to get the momentum back.

After, came the biceps and triceps torture. Couldn't really remember the machines used, but I remember I did very well at the triceps dip. He he he... But I was feeling sluggish and weak. It seemed as if I never exercised at all (okay, I admit I have not been active for quite a long time, but yesterday seemed ridiculous to me!). We also worked my quadriceps and butt through the stepper movement.

Lastly, the abs crunch. By this time I was like a jellyfish and I couldn't hold the pose for long. Felt like screaming, but I'm gonna save that for the day Mr. Trainer and I have bonded better. I knew he was being gentle this first day, but I am very sure it will not continue to the second session.

Must. Look. Like. Nicole.


No comments:

Post a Comment