Thursday, March 11, 2010

The temple is my own

I forgot how much I enjoyed working out.

I have been slacking for the past couple of months. I have been busy at work and due to my new position in the division, I have to put in more hours just so the division would be running just the way I'd like it to be run.

But I decided that slacking around and feeling fat is no way to live. So recently, I started to go the gym more than the usual 2 days a week routine, which was actually a major cutdown from the normal 6 days a week routine I had before I was promoted.

I decided to double my workout and make it more intense. I sweated out it out doing double reps of core strength training and double my cardio workout as well.

I love sweating. If you know me in person, I don't sweat as much as I should. So the expression, sweating like a pig honestly does not really apply to me that much.

Initially when I started gym, I was quite conscious about my surroundings. I was concerned about how other people see me.

Now, the gym is one of the few places aside from my office that I would have no qualms going to without having any shred of make up on my face. Au Naturel, that's me in the gym. 

Besides, my only purpose in joining the gym is to make me a lean mean machine. I don't need to meet new people and most of the guys who goes to the gym are gays anyway.

My motivation nowadays is knowing that I am responsible for my own health and my own body.

My body is truly my own temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment