Monday, April 25, 2011

I want my abs back!

This is my third week back at work. And the only exercises I’ve been doing since are Kegels and pulling my belly button inwards.

Good news is, I went to see Mr. Trainer last week and he said I can continue my 1:1 sessions with him from last year. Yeay! And being the trainer that I knew, he will not say that I did a good job losing my pregnancy weight! Ha ha ha ha… But that’s okay. It’s his job to make sure people like me feels that there are more things to do.

Anyway, yes, I manage to loose almost all my pregnancy weight. Last weight I recorded was about a month ago at 62kg. That is almost to my pre-pregnancy weight which was 61kg. However, I still have far to go, as I plan to go back to my pre-wedding weight which was at 58kg. And I know I can do it, provided I start to get moving.

Being absent for almost a year from the gym, it’s a challenge to restart. However, I have come out with a plan. For this next few weeks, I will concentrate on rebuilding my core again. And I’ve found a good link as a start:

Going up and down the stairs several times a day at home also has help me rebuild my muscle around the buttocks and thigh area. I do my best to remind my self to tuck my tummy in every time I go up the stairs. I still forget most of the time.

One thing for sure, taking care of a baby really burns fat! I’m sweating when I’m bathing her, I’m sweating when I dress her and I even sweat when I’m putting her to bed! Bathing the baby, I have to support her weight on my arms. Dressing the baby, I’m sitting crossed leg or half-squatting. Sometimes I’m getting up and sitting down and getting up again, because I forgot to take things from her cloth drawer. Putting the baby to bed, I’m walking the room to get her to settle down and sleep. At times, I do side squats to imitate swinging move, with some benefits for me. And by the time she sleeps, I’m beat. I could hardly summon enough energy to do my nightly beauty routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment