Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Workout Journal (04/12/11)

Today, I have to take it easy.

My hamstring was in pain due to yesterday's workout. Even going up the stairs was a chore. My ankle was not making things better too. I had accidentally twisted my ankle 4 years ago, and it wasn't treated properly.

As a result of that, I can't over exaggerate my lower body exercise.

So today, my anke was wobbly.

I decided to concentrate on upper body instead.

The gym was unusually full today, until I looked at the clock and realized that I came in late. The after 5 crowd was coming in and looking for a spot of my own was a challenge.

So this was what I did today :

10 minutes on Rowing machine

30 bicep curl with 7 lbs dumbbells

30 tricep curl with 7  lbs  dumbbells

30 reverse bicep curl with  lbs dumb bells

30 secs bridging (Front)

30 secs bridging (Side, left and right)

Yoga :

4 salutation to the sun (Surya Namaskar) (with warrior 1 (Virabhadrasana I)variation)
Tree pose (Vrksasana)

Pigeon pose (Kapotasana)
Plank (Arda Chaturanga (I Think))
Chatturanga

The truth is, I can hardly remember the sanskrit version of the many poses. I would describe these positions as loosely as I can; like; the pose that requires me to literally bend backwards, elongating my spine in doing so... what's it called.. I don't know.

Thank God for Google... Hahahaha....

And then I also attempted a little arm balancing, the easiest, which is the Scale pose.

My wrist needs a little more work.

Food wise, I am trying to eat 5 times a day. Because my time clock is the total opposite, I woke up, prepare breakfast, which is also my pre workout meal at 3.30 pm in the afternoon.

For today, I have decided to cook egg white omelette with 1 egg yolk served with stir fry tuna flakes + 2 slices of bread.

Had snacks in between of cashews, raisins and grape and decided to go for Mihun Sup (Vermicelli Soup) for dinner +Post work out meal.

So far, the diet and workout plans are in motion. Can't wait to get right back on intensive core training again! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment