Monday, April 11, 2011

Workout Journal

Jade introduced me to an awesome home workout website a few months ago.

I have it linked to this site as well as my own blog ;

http://www.bodyrock.tv/

The awesome thing about the site is that it packs everything on one single website. The workouts were explained and easier options were given to beginners.

I am not a beginner. I have been working out since earlier last year and so, I go for the standard full workout.

I can say this... it made me want to cry.

However, it did make me sweat and I like that part.

So today I did the Hot Mess work out consisting of :

Part 1 :

10 get ups

Part 2

20 backward lunge with weights

Part 3

20 weight squat

Part 4

10 burpees

--
The workout was supposed to be a build up from part 1 - part 4.

That means by Part 2, you are supposed to be doing part 1 + 20 backward lunge all over again.

It's my first attempt so I decided to do it a little differently so that it won't give my body a shock. I will build up the intensity over the next few weeks.

I have recently gain a bit of weight as I haven't had the time to work out that much.

My previous weight had been lingering between 58 - 59 kilos. I was in the middle of straightening out some stuff at work and by the time I was done with work at 7 am, I would normally feel so tired that I wouldn't have the strenght to go to the gym.

So when I found out that I am a staggering 64 kilos now (That's a whopping 6 Kilos add on), I was shocked!

The fact that I can (well, I don't really have a choice, actually) to fit in an S/size 8/Size 10 dresses, tops and pants are I guess, no indication to my ballooning weight!

I knew then, that I MUST FRIKKIN' DO SOMETHING!

I refuse to be the fat person that I was.

So, I started my workout with a 15 minutes jog on the treadmill before going off to the training area. The first round was ok, but by the second round ( and I am kind of embarrased by this.) I was already swearing and huffing.

But I went on with it. I was sweating, I was breathless and my knees almost gave way.

I brought along with me my workout plan for this week for me to note down my progress. It may look like nothing now, but this piece of paper is going to help me a lot in my weight loss plan.

Aside from that, I also thought that the other reason why I gained weight was because I seemed to crave for all kinds of traditional dishes for the past couple of months. Things like curry, fried rice and all kinds of fattening stuff.

So it is time, I must say, it saddens me to even type this, STOP all this and get back on the healthy eating wagon.

So for today, my pre work out meal was plain pasta as I need the energy for me to do the jumps and stuff, my snack in between was Jacob's weetameal crackers and green tea, I had water during my workout and my post workout meal was O'Brian's Chilli chicken wrappo and guava juice.

I also brought a tub of raisins in case I get a case of sweet tooth at work, cashew nuts which packs a huge amount of energy, Quaker's low cal chewie bars and a ready to eat salad for my 4th or 5th meal of the day.

My drink of choice for the next few months would be H2O.

I have planned out my weight loss carefully. I have never been a believer of fast weight loss. I believe it takes time for the body to adapt to the new weight.

So by April 30th, I target to lose 3 kilos to 61 kilos and then another 3 kilos by end of May.

My weight should go back to 58 kilos by then, hopefully.

It is not something impossible as I have lost more than 5 kilos in 4 weeks before. All I need to do is to take care of my meals and put in more intensity into my workout.

And to not slack off.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment